Terms & conditions
The Small Print
Special Arrangements for University Arms Hotel - A DE VERE ASSOCIATE HOTEL
If your booking relates to the University Arms Hotel, Cambridge, these Terms and Conditions do not apply to your booking. The Terms and Conditions which apply to your booking can be found here. In taking your booking, De Vere is acting as agent for University Arms Hotel. By proceeding with your booking you agree to be bound by the University Arms Hotel Terms and Conditions.
1. All the prices shown are applicable at the time of booking and are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. If you book a best flexible rate the full price, including any extras incurred during your stay, this must be settled in full before departure by cash, cheque with current banker’s card, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Maestro. A credit card or debit card details are taken as a booking guarantee only unless detailed otherwise. We are unable to accept Maestro cards as a form of guarantee.
3. If you book an advance purchase or a promotional room rate the full payment will be taken at the time of booking. All payments are non refundable and non transferable.
4. Bookings are taken at the discretion of the individual Hotel and are subject to availability. Prices may be restricted or may not apply at some of the Hotels at certain times.
5. If you pay with a credit card a small transaction fee will be charged. No fee will be charged if you pay with a debit card.
6.VAT is included in the displayed rate, unless otherwise stated.
We will make every effort to fulfill your requests, we cannot guarantee these and any failure to do so will not constitute a breach of contract.
Cancellations / Amendments by Us:
1. Please contact the property if you wish to make any amendments or cancel your booking. You may cancel any best flexible booking up until 12 noon on the day of arrival without incurring a cancellation charge. If your booking is cancelled after this time or in the event of a non arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply to the first nights stay and be charged to the credit/debit card provided to guarantee the booking.
2. If you fail to settle your account on departure your credit card will be charged for the full amount.
3. In the unlikely event that we have to change or cancel your booking, we reserve the right to do so. If this does arise you can either:
• 1) accept the changed arrangements as notified
• 2) make an alternative arrangement with us or,
• 3) cancel your booking and receive a full refund of any monies paid.
We regret we cannot pay compensation or any reimbursement of any expenses or costs you may incur as result of any such cancellation or change.
4. In the event of any foreseen circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel any booking made on a promotional rate and rebook on an alternative date – subject to availability.
In the unlikely event of insolvency, any pre-payments made by you for packages sold within the meaning of Travel Holidays and Package Tours Regulations (1992) are secured by a trust of which Messrs Hammond Suddards Trustees Limited are independent Trustees, Please contact: Wrigleys Solicitors, 19 Cookridge Street, Leeds LS2 3AG.
Virgin Atlantic Miles
The De Vere Hotels flexible and advanced saver price will qualify to earn Virgin air miles. Miles will not be rewarded on any company, group, promotional, airline employee rates, inter-company or employee discount rates, any complimentary, free of charge or barter rooms, any stays in connection with frequent traveller awards, gift certificates or other awards or discounts, wholesale, package tour operator, conference, travel industry discount, special discounted and long stay rates. The Belfry & University Arms Hotel are excluded from the Virgin Miles Offer.
Most hotels have their own car parks, free of charge. However, cars are left at the owner’s/customer’s own risk. The company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
A car park charge will apply at these Hotels (parking is on a first come first served basis):
- The Grand, Brighton: £26 (Sun-Thur) & £30 (Fri-Sat)
- University Arms Hotel, Cambridge of £16 per car, per night.
An infant is classed aged 0 - 2 years and a child 3 - 12 years. Children 16 years and above are charged the full adult price.
1. De Vere Hotels
When a child is sharing an adult's room, £20 is charged per extra bed - charges are per night and include breakfast. All other meals are charged as taken.
If you require adjoining rooms please telephone the hotel directly to book.
At De Vere Carden Park children are charged £10 per child per night including breakfast. All other meals are charged as taken.
2. Infant Policy
When a child is sharing an adult's room, £10 is charged per cot (charges are per night and inclusive of breakfast). Please let us know if you do not require a cot.
Cots / Extra Beds:
Cots and extra beds are available in most of our properties. However, these are limited and subject to availability. Please check at the time of booking.
With the exception of Guide dogs and assistant dogs, no dogs are allowed in the De Vere Hotel Cameron House, Mottram Hall or Carden Park. De Vere Hotels may charge a small fee to allow dogs onto the property. Please contact the hotel direct for more information.
Check-in & Check-out Times:
De Vere Hotels Standard Check-in and out times are:
Check-in : 3pm (Apart from Cameron House - Check-in 3.30pm)
Please let the General Manager know straightaway if you have any comments. Alternatively, if you wish, put them in writing no later than 21 days after the completion of your stay and send to:
De Vere Hotels & Resorts Customer Services
600 Lakeside Drive,
No party is allowed to reproduce any of the contents of this website (including photographs, content and images) without the written permission of De Vere Hotels & Resorts.
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Hotels Holdings Ltd||6126539|
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Resort Ownership Ltd||3152528|
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Loch Lomond Ltd||6126450|
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Grand Brighton Ltd||476640|
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Mottram Hall Ltd||2288402|
|De Vere Hotels||De Vere Slaley Hall Ltd||2353375|
|De Vere Hotels||Belton Woods Hotel Trading Ltd||7429989|
|De Vere Hotels||Dunston Hall Hotel Trading Ltd||7430002|
|De Vere Hotels||Oulton Hall Hotel Trading Ltd||7429930|
|Registered office:||4th Floor, 33 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PW|
|Registered in:||England & Wales|
|De Vere Hotels||Carden Park Hotel LLP||OC322431|
|Registered office:||Bridgemere House, Chester Rd, Preston Brook, WA7 3BD|
|Registered in:||England & Wales|